Here’s a helpful way to save $10 for T-Mobile customers during this recession. This is not an advertised special. The current pricing on the T-Mobile Family Unlimited Messaging Bundle runs for $20, which is great if you have a family plan. However, with a few calls and some convincing, I was able to get it for $10 like a few others on the net as well.
1. Call *611
2. Say “English”
3. Say “Cancellations”
4. Let them know you’re on the current $20 family text messaging plan and your friend let you know that he was able to get it for only $10. Tell them you want the same pricing and if it’s not possible, that you would like to cancel all your lines (big deal to them), if they are not willing to treat you the same way. This reasoning should work but if it fails, then just try calling again. I was able to get them to change it the first try but had some push back from the representative. Their reasoning was:
- that was a promotional offer
counter: my friend got it changed yesterday at 9:00pm
- that promotional offer was only for certain customers
counter: i feel this is unfair. if this is the case, i’m planning to cancel all my lines (in my case it was 4)
- this offer is not available
counter: i’m confused, my friend was able to get it.
- what is your friend’s number
counter: i just spoke to him and he told me he doesn’t want me to give it to you for privacy reasons