You no longer have to pay a premium for an unlocked Blackberry phone. This solution works for 8000 and 9000 series models including the Pearl and the new, Bold. I have confirmed that this guide works on my Blackberry Bold. I guess I won’t need to lie to AT&T that you’re traveling overseas anymore just to obtain that code!
1. Download and install Microsoft NET Framework 2.0
2. Download and instll Blackberry desktop manager v22.214.171.124
3. Download and install Blackberry Operating System
4. Delete the vendor.xml file located in c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader
5. Download and install MFI Multiloader from here:
alternative link (torrent):
alternative link 2 (torrent) *recommended*:
6. Connect your phone via USB. Open MFI Multiloader shorcut on your pc and wait until shows Pass
7. Then your phone should be like this on your screen.
8. Open Blackberry Desktop Manager shortcut on your pc and read how to update/ReInstall BlackBerry Operating System ? explained down.
9. Run Update. Click Next.
If you get an error message about multi loading during the update process, type START on your phone. It should reboot and give you an error message. This is what you want. Now, try updating again.
|How To update/ReInstall BlackBerry Operating System ?
Connect your device to your computer.
Open the BlackBerry® Desktop Manager.
Click Application Loader.
Click Start in Add/Remove Applications or Update Applications.
If necessary, perform the following actions:
If the Device Security Password dialog box appears, type your device password. Click Next.
If the Communication Port Selection dialog box appears, specify a communications port. Click Next.
Perform any of the following actions:
To add an application that appears in the list, select the check box beside the application.
To add an application that does not appear in the list, click Browse. Double-click an application loader (.alx or .ali) file.
9. Congratulations your blackberry unlock done by free . You can now replace your SIM and Memory card and set up your phone the way you like it.
Credits goes to ::.::RAMJAN::.::@TRUST GSM™ for centralizing this entire post and other people who discovered this solution
Looks like the link for the MFI Multiloader is down. Try the links below: